The Anchorage Chapter of American Pilgrims covers greater Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in the Anchorage region.
The chapter will be scheduling walks, talks, potlucks and much more! These will be listed here but you may also want to check the Local Events page for non-chapter events that may be of interest.
Contact chapter coordinator Peggy Cobey and Diane Moxness via email for more information.
- You’ve arrived! You have your compostela, you’ve attended the Pilgrims’ Mass and you’ve hugged the Saint. Now what? Read this blog post by the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 things to see and do in Santiago de Compostela.
- Download our Camino packing list for any season
You can always email us to find out what we’re up to!
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
Consider joining the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, Q&A, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
For Anchorage area residents, join our local chapter’s Facebook group.
The Anchorage Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Email us for details.
Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list. Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
Email us any time for information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims!