Sacramento, CA 95811
The Sacramento Chapter of American Pilgrims serves east-central California, the middle section of the Central Valley.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in east-central California.
Contact chapter coordinators Kerri Daniels and Andy Byers at Sacramento@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
- You've arrived! You have your compostela, you've attended the Pilgrims' Mass and you've hugged the Saint. Now what? Read this blog post by the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela.
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but this packing list is our take on the topic.
The chapter schedules walks, talks, potlucks and much more!
To see what we’re doing, please visit the Local Chapter Events Calendar and select our chapter name in the "All Events Category" pull-down menu. This will filter to display only our chapter's events.
Follow this link to view the Local Chapters video on YouTube.
Email us to find out what we're up to! Better yet, join Sacramento Pilgrims on Facebook: Search for us at “Sacramento Pilgrims”. Or see our upcoming events and activities and join our mailing list at: www.SacramentoPilgrims.com.
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
Consider joining the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Sacramento Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact us for details.
Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list. Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
Email us for information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims.