The Sacramento Chapter of American Pilgrims serves east-central California, the middle section of the Central Valley.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in east-central California.
The chapter will be scheduling walks, talks, potlucks and much more!
These may be listed here but you will want to check the Events calendar for non-chapter events that may be of interest.
Contact chapter coordinators Kerri Daniels and Andy Byers at Sacramento@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
- You've arrived! You have your compostela, you've attended the Pilgrims' Mass and you've hugged the Saint. Now what? Read this blog post by the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela.
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but this packing list is our take on the topic.
Email us to find out what we're up to!
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
Consider joining the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Sacramento Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact us for details.
Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list. Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
Email us for information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims.