Southern Wisconsin Chapter
Milwaukee, WI 53201
The Southern Wisconsin Chapter of American Pilgrims covers the area between Milwaukee and the western state border centered on Madison.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon.
We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in the south Wisconsin region.
Contact chapter coordinators Anne Andert and Lisa Lillie at SoWis@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
Be sure to check out our chapter on Facebook!
Although we strongly suggest becoming a (dues-paying) member of the national American Pilgrims organization, that is not necessary to participate in local chapter events.
The national organization provides significant financial and logistical support to the locals along the Camino. You can learn more about the benefits on the American Pilgrims membership page.
- You've arrived! You have your compostela. You've attended the Pilgrims' Mass. You've hugged the Saint. Now what? You need to scan through this blog entry by the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela.
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but packing list is our take on the topic.
The chapter schedules walks, talks, potlucks and much more!
To see what we’re doing, please visit the Local Chapter Events Calendar and select our chapter name in the "All Events Category" pull-down menu. This will filter to display only our chapter's events.
Follow this link to view the Local Chapters video on YouTube.
To find out what we're up to you can always email us!
Or check out our Facebook page!
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
You can join the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, Q&A, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Southern Wisconsin Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact SoWis@americanpilgrims.org for details. Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list.
Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
For information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims, contact us at SoWis@americanpilgrims.org.