The Southeast Virginia Chapter of American Pilgrims is centered on Norfolk, Virginia.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in southeastern Virginia.
Contact chapter coordinators Ellen Eddowes, Sandy Lenthall and Donna Looney at SoutheastVirginia@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
• You've arrived in Santiago. You've taken your selfie in front of the Cathedral. You have your compostela. You've hugged the Saint. Now what? 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela!
• There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but this packing list is our take on the topic.
The chapter schedules walks, talks, potlucks and much more!
To see what we’re doing, please visit the Local Chapter Events Calendar and select our chapter name in the "All Events Category" pull-down menu. This will filter to display only our chapter's events.
You can always email us to find out what we're up to!
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
You can join the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, Q&A, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Southeast Virginia Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact us for details. Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list.
Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
Please email us for information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims.