The Silicon Valley Chapter of American Pilgrims occupies the South San Francisco Bay area in California.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in the South Bay area.
The chapter will be scheduling walks, talks, potlucks and much more!
These will be listed here but you may also want to check the Local Events Calendar for non-chapter events that may be of interest.
Contact chapter coordinators Pat Day, Pat Geramoni, Betsy Fullagar, Robert Padilla and Judy Barnes SiliconValley@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
- You've arrived! You have your compostelam you've attended the Pilgrims' Mass and you've hugged the Saint. Now what? Read this bload post by the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 things to see and do in Santiago de Compostela.
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but this packing list is our take on the topic.
Email us to find out what we're doing!
Los Gatos, CA
Meet and Greet
Sunday, July 14, 2019, 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Drop by and enjoy a cup of coffee and some Camino talk with the Silicon Valley Chapter! This is a great opportunity for folks thinking about walking the Camino to chat with Camino veterans about routes, equipment, what to pack and other Camino tips. We hope you can join us!
15200 Los Gatos Blvd, Los Gatos, CA 95032
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
Consider joining the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, Q&A, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Silicon Valley Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact us for details.
Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list. Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
Email us for information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims.