The Salt Lake City chapter of American Pilgrims covers the general area of northeastern Utah.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for a potential hospitalero training in the Salt Lake City area.
The chapter will be scheduling walks, talks, potlucks and much more! These may be listed here but you may also want to check the Local Events page for non-chapter events that may be of interest.
Contact chapter coordinators Rosalie Gervais and Windi Jones at SaltLakeCity@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
- You’ve arrived! You’ve attended the Pilgrims’ Mass and hugged the Saint. Now what? You need to scan through this blog entry by the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela for what to do next.
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but this packing list is our take on the topic.
You can always email us to find out what we’re up to.
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
You can join the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, Q&A, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact SaltLakeCity@americanpilgrims.org for details. Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list.
Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
For information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims, contact us at SaltLakeCity@americanpilgrims.org.