The North Texas Chapter of American Pilgrims serves the greater Dallas/Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and the surrounding region.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metropolitan Area.
Contact chapter coordinators John Venuto, Joe Zarcaro and Kristen (Kiki) Lawson at NorthTexas@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
And while you're at it, please join our North Texas Chapter Facebook group!
- You've arrived! You have your compostela, you've attended the Pilgrims' Mass and you've hugged the Saint. Now what? You need to scan through this blog entry from the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela for tips on what to do next.
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there, but this packing list is our take on the topic.
The chapter schedules walks, talks, potlucks and much more!
To see what we’re doing, please visit the Local Chapter Events Calendar and select our chapter name in the "All Events Category" pull-down menu. This will filter to display only our chapter's events.
Follow this link to view the Local Chapters video on YouTube.
You can always contact us at NorthTexas@americanpilgrims.org to find out what we're up to!
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
Join the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
For information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims, contact us at NorthTexas@americanpilgrims.org.