The Northeast Oklahoma Chapter of American Pilgrims covers the area of Oklahoma City and the Kansas-Missouri-Oklahoma corner centered on Tulsa.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in the northeast Oklahoma region.
Contact chapter coordinators Roni Jackson-Kerr and Tiffany Couch at NEOklahoma@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
Although we strongly recommend becoming a (dues-paying) member of the national American Pilgrims organization, it isn't required to participate in local chapter events.
American Pilgrims on the Camino provides significant financial and logistical support to the locals. If you'd like to know more about membership benefits and to join American Pilgrims, you find the information on the membership page!
- You've arrived! You have your compostela, you've attended the Pilgrims' Mass and you've hugged the Saint. Now what? You need to scan through this blog entry by the venerable Johnnie Walker: 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela to learn what to do next!
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but this packing list is our take on the topic.
The chapter schedules walks, talks, potlucks, maintains a lending library of Camino-related books and much more!
To see what we’re doing, please visit the Local Chapter Events Calendar and select our chapter name in the "All Events Category" pull-down menu. This will filter to display only our chapter's events.
Follow this link to view the Local Chapters video on YouTube.
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
Consider joining the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Northeast Oklahoma Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact NEOklahoma@americanpilgrims.org for details.
Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list. Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
For information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims, contact us at NEOklahoma@americanpilgrims.org.