HIKE & PARK DESCRIPTION
* St. Louis Pilgrim Vivian Sierra will lead us on a hike of White Bison Trail, a 3.2-mile moderate loop trail located in Lone Elk Park in Valley Park, Missouri near Saint Louis. NOTE: Sign shows trail as difficult, but several guides list it as moderate.
* Trail is primarily earthen treadway with some rock surfaces and is rated as moderate. Trail is mostly used for hiking, walking, and running.
* Trail has lots of twisting and climbing, features a lake, and offers frequent elk and buffalo sightings.
* Domestic animals are not allowed within the park, even if confined in a vehicle.
White Bison Trailhead, Lone Elk Park
From park entrance, drive around part of the lake to the main parking area and visitor’s center. The trailhead for the White Bison Trail is located here. NOTE: Visitor’s center may be closed due to COVID-19, but restroom facilities should be open.
From Interstate 44
* Exit 272 for MO-141 toward Fenton/Valley Park
* Follow signs for North Outer Road.
* Continue on Outer Road West Drive to Lone Elk Park Road.
* At the traffic circle take the second exit onto Meramec Street/Outer Road West.
* At the next traffic circle take the first exit and stay on Meramec Street/Outer Road West.
* Outer Road West turns right and becomes Lone Elk Park Road.
* The entrance is located at 1 Lone Elk Park Rd, Valley Park, MO 63088.