Note this hike has been changed from Sunday to Saturday due to inclement weather. Join us on a waterfront hike from San Francisco to Sausalito: Walk along the Embarcadero waterfront through Fisherman’s Wharf, across the Golden Gate Bridge and then into Sausalito. It will be a moderately paced hike, mostly on flat pavement with lots of wonderful view stops. We will return to San Francisco on the 5:15 PM ferry (bring a Clipper Card). Because the hike is 12 miles, it is recommended for experienced hikers.
- Bring: sturdy walking shoes, jacket, water and lunch. Hiking poles not needed.
- Meet: at the north end of the San Francisco Ferry Building, next to Gott’s Roadside restaurant at 9:30 AM. Early birds can grab a coffee at one of the many coffee shops.
- Take: BART and avoid the hassle of driving and parking. Catch the train leaving from Walnut Creek (or other stations along the line) at 8:49 AM, arriving at SF Embarcadero Station at 9:25 AM. Walk east down the street to the SF Ferry Building. Marin County folks can take the 8:30 AM Larkspur Ferry to SF (free parking); then take a bus (Route 130) from Sausalito to Lucky Drive near Larkspur Landing after the hike.
- Return: to the Ferry Building at 5:45 PM via ferry.
- Leader: Dick Duker.
- Level of Difficulty: 3A (10 to less than 15 miles, less than 1,000 ft elevation gain).
For insurance purposes, we are unable to welcome dogs, except service animals, at our events.