Join the Finger Lakes Chapter as we explore Highland Forest County Park in Fabius! We’ll hike for approximately eight miles through diverse woods and over hills. Enjoy the final weekend of the beautiful October we’ve had in central New York! Bring lunch or a snack for refreshment along the way, and expect to spend about four hours on this hike.
Where: 1254 Highland Park Road, Fabius, NY 13063 We’ll meet in the parking lot near the lodge.
What to bring:
• Lunch or a snack
• Good hiking shoes
• Hiking poles (optional)
AllTrails rates this hike as moderate, with some hills and stream crossings. Please note that the Highland Park website says there is a $3 admission fee for trail use. Also, although the park allows dogs on its trails, we are regretfully unable to welcome dogs on hikes organized by chapters of American Pilgrims on the Camino.
We require that hikers follow all current New York State guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These are our current requirements:
• If you’re not feeling well or know you have recently been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home. We’ll look forward to seeing you at a future event.
• Only members of the same household may share a ride.
• You must wear a mask or other face covering that covers your nose and mouth when you are within six feet of someone else.
• Keep your distance from others when walking. Allow other hikers plenty of room to get by. If you are walking next to someone, wear your mask.
• Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. It’s best to use a tissue, but if you don’t have one, use the crook of your elbow.
• Avoid hugging or touching others.
• Bring hand sanitizer and clean your hands frequently.
• Feel free to bring a lunch or snack, but do not share food or drink with anyone outside of your own household.
• All hikers must sign in with the group before the hike, including name and contact information.
We look forward to hiking with you!