NOTE: This event has been rescheduled for Sunday, August 30th due to rain.
Come hike the Abbott Loop with us! This trail is an 8-mile loop in Danby State Forest that goes through a variety of scenic woodlands, over creeks, and up and down hills. Bring a lunch—we’ll stop for a picnic along the way. Expect to spend 4-5 hours on this hike.
When: Saturday, August 29 (rain date August 30), at 9:00 a.m.
Where: Michigan Hollow Road, Danby. From NY 96B, take Michigan Hollow Road. In about 2.5 miles you’ll see the parking area on the west side of the road.
What to bring:
• Good hiking shoes
• Insect repellent
• Hiking poles (optional)
This is a vigorous hike with some steep hills. Please assess your fitness level for meeting the challenges of an extended hike over hilly terrain. For more information, including a trail map and directions, see AllTrails https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/new-york/abbott-loop-trail.
We require that hikers follow all current New York State guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• If you’re not feeling well or know you have recently been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home. We’ll look forward to seeing you at a future event.
• Only members of the same household may share a ride.
• You must wear a mask or other face covering that covers your nose and mouth when you are within six feet of someone else.
• Keep your distance from others when walking. Allow other hikers plenty of room to get by. If you are walking next to someone, wear your mask.
• Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. It’s best to use a tissue, but if you don’t have one, use the crook of your elbow.
• Avoid hugging or touching others.
• Bring hand sanitizer and clean your hands frequently.
• Feel free to bring a lunch, but do not share food or drink with anyone outside your own household.
• All hikers must sign in with the group before the hike, including name and contact information.
We look forward to hiking with you!