Come hike the Van Lone Loop with the Finger Lakes Chapter on a beautiful spring day! This trail is an 5.8-mile loop in Connecticut Hill Wildlife Management Area that goes through a variety of scenic woodlands, along beautiful creeks, and up and down hills. Bring a lunch—we’ll stop for a picnic along the way. Expect to spend 4ish hours on this hike.
When: Saturday, May 1st (rain date May 2nd), at 10:30 a.m.
Where: 5689 Gulf Rd, Alpine, NY 14805. The parking lot is a little road off to the right – easy to miss. We’ll park by the entrance so that you see it.
What to bring:
• Good hiking shoes
• Insect repellent
• Hiking poles (optional)
This is a vigorous hike with some steep hills. Please assess your fitness level for meeting the challenges of an extended hike over hilly terrain. For more information, including a trail map and directions, see AllTrails (https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/new-york/van-lone-hill-loop-trail).
We require that hikers follow all current New York State guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• If you’re not feeling well or know you have recently been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home. We’ll look forward to seeing you at a future event.
• Only members of the same household may share a ride unless fully vaccinated.
• You must wear a mask or other face covering that covers your nose and mouth when you are within six feet of someone else.
• Keep your distance from others when walking. Allow other hikers plenty of room to get by. If you are walking next to someone, wear your mask.
• Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. It’s best to use a tissue, but if you don’t have one, use the crook of your elbow.
• Avoid hugging or touching others.
• Bring hand sanitizer and clean your hands frequently.
• Feel free to bring a lunch, but do not share food or drink with anyone outside your own household.
• All hikers must sign in with the group before the hike, including name and contact information.
We look forward to hiking with you!