Albuquerque, NM: Albuquerque Chapter, Walk in the Elena Gallegos Open Space
Aug 10, 2021 7:00AM—10:00AM
Meet at the Elena Gallegos Parking Area at 7:15 AM. Gates Open at 7:00 AM.
Cost Parking fee $3 or Elena Gallegos Open Space parking permit
Event Contact Suzanne Blazier or Linnea Hendrickson | Email
Meet at the Elena Gallegos Parking Area at 7:15 AM. Gates Open at 7:00.
1) When: Tuesday, August 10th, 7:15 AM. Suzanne Blazier is leading this walk.
2) Meet at 7:15 AM at Elena Gallegos Open Space. Traveling north or south on Tramway Blvd. NE, turn east onto Simms Park Road to arrive at the Information Center. The fee per vehicle is $3.00, so bring cash with you, unless you have an Open Space Annual Parking Permit to display.
Because the gates open at 7:00 AM, we will allow some time to gather as a group at 7:15 AM. When you leave the information center, park in the first parking area you get to. We will begin our walk from that SE corner of the loop drive in the park.
3) The walking route I will take you on is approximately 3.86 miles in length. This walk is on rugged trails through high desert landscape with gorgeous views of the Sandia Mountains.
4) Our walk will be a loop beginning and ending at the parking area. There is an outhouse toilet in the parking lot, but no toilets along the trail.
5) Bring your hiking poles. Dress appropriately for the weather. Bring water, snacks if desired, hat and sunscreen.
6) Please respond to Albuquerque@americanpilgrims.org by click on the REGISTER button above if you would like to participate. Include your cell phone number in your response in case we need to reach you.