Want to know what it’s like to walk two days on the Camino and stay overnight at an albergue? Want to rekindle your Camino spirit a little closer to home? Join us for a two-day hike on the Katy Trail with overnight accommodations in an albergue-style bunkhouse.
Space is limited due to ground transportation to our starting point and for bunkhouse accommodations. Preregistration is required.
Treloar > Marthasville > Augusta
20 miles total
Friday, June 17
* 9:30 AM: Park/Meet at the Augusta trailhead parking lot
* Transport via shuttle van to Treloar trailhead
* Walk 8 miles – Treloar to Marthasville with backpacks (minimal needs for one night)
* Bring trail snacks/water. Snacks/drinks also available for purchase at Peers Store, midway between Treloar and Marthasville along the Katy Trail.
* Lunch/snacks/ice cream available for purchase at KT Caboose upon arrival in Marthasville
* Check-in/clean-up/rest at Happy Apples Bunkhouse
* 5:30 PM +/-: Walk .5 miles to Nobletons Distillery at the Happy Apples orchard. Philly’s Pizza delivered to distillery for dinner.
* We will have a car at the bunkhouse to transport anyone who doesn’t want to walk the .5 miles
* Sit around fire pits at the distillery and visit, tell Camino stories, ask Camino questions.
* Return to bunkhouse and sleep
Saturday, June 18
* Coffee at the bunkhouse (and 1st breakfast for anyone who wants)
* Walk 4 miles to Dutzow Deli for (2nd?) breakfast
* Continue 8 miles to Augusta for lunch and to pick up cars
The cost for this event is $25 for our STL chapter pilgrims. This cost covers transportation from Augusta to Treloar and overnight accommodations at the Bunkhouse.
Each pilgrim is responsible for their own additional costs which may include snacks and drinks on the trail, evening meal and drinks, breakfast and lunch.
The bunkhouse has 22 beds. These will reserved as people confirm with paid registration. If more than 22 people want to join, there is plenty of room for bedrolls and cots for overflow (we never want to turn away a pilgrim).
Reservations are open exclusively to our STL chapter pilgrims through May 1. We will then open this event up to others (hiking friends, KC Chapter members, etc.). Cost for non-STL chapter pilgrims is $40/person.
The bunkhouse has sheets, pillows, blankets, towels, shampoo, soap and coffee.
If you do not want to carry a pack, you may drop off your things at the bunkhouse in Marthasville prior to the Day 1 hike. You may also leave things at the bunkhouse on Day 2 if you’re needing to walk with less, then return after the hike to retrieve your items.
SECURE YOUR SPOT
Due to limited capacity and to help us plan for adequate ground transportation from Augusta to Treloar, pre-payment is required to secure your spot.
Step 2: Send payment.
* Venmo: @JoetteReidy (314-323-1151)
* Mail check to: Joette Reidy, 112 Lake Washington Dr, Washington, MO 63090
Email StLouis@AmericanPilgrims.org or call/text Joette at 314-323-1151.