***Sold out as of March 19, 2023 • Waitlist Available***
Our 2nd annual two day/one night hike on the Katy Trail – Treloar to Marthasville to Augusta (20 miles total) is for prospective pilgrims who want to know what it’s like to walk two days on the Camino and stay overnight at an albergue. It’s also for experienced pilgrims who want to rekindle their Camino spirit a little closer to home.
Friday, June 30
• 9:00 AM Park/Meet at the Augusta trailhead parking lot
• Transport to Treloar trailhead provided
• Walk 8 miles Treloar to Marthasville with our backpacks (minimal needs for one night)
• Bring trail snacks/water
• Snacks/drinks available at Peers Store
• Lunch/snacks/ice cream at the KT Caboose when we arrive in Marthasville
• Check-in/clean-up/rest at the Happy Apples Bicycle Bunkhouse in Marthasville
• Dinner at Philly’s Pizza in Marthasville
• Return to bunkhouse to sleep
Saturday, July 1
• Coffee at the bunkhouse (and 1st breakfast if anyone wants)
• Breakfast at Rowdy Rooster in Marthasville or walk 4 miles to Dutzow deli for breakfast
• From Dutzow, continue 8 miles to Augusta for lunch and to pick up vehicles.
The cost for this event is $30 per member of the St. Louis chapter of American Pilgrims. It covers transportation from Augusta to Treloar and overnight accommodations at the Bunkhouse. Each person is responsible for their own additional costs which could include snacks and drinks on the trail, evening meal and drinks, breakfast and lunch. There are 22 beds at the bunkhouse that will be reserved as people confirm. Reservations will be open exclusively to members of STL American Pilgrims chapter through April 6, then open to others (hiking friends, Kansas City chapter members, etc.). Cost for non-STL chapter members is $45/person.
While all 22 beds have been reserved with pre-payment, there is plenty of room for bedrolls and cots for overflow, since we should never turn away a pilgrim. Campers are welcome, too.
The bunkhouse has sheets, pillows, blankets, towels, shampoo, soap, and coffee. If you do not want to carry a pack, you can drop off things at the bunkhouse in Marthasville before the hike or leave things the second day if you’re needing to walk with less.