The Northern New England chapter of American Pilgrims covers Maine, New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts.
The purpose of local chapters is to keep members connected to the Camino and to introduce new people to the phenomenon. We plan to accomplish this in a number of ways, such as social events, walks, mentoring future pilgrims and serving as a local host for hospitalero training through American Pilgrims.
- To offer opportunities for local pilgrims to gather and hold events related to the Camino.
- To mentor future pilgrims, promote the pilgrimage and American Pilgrims through social gatherings.
- To serve as a local host for hospitalero training in the Northern New England region.
The chapter will be scheduling walks, talks, potlucks and much more!
These may be listed here but you will want to check the Events calendar page for events that may be of interest.
Contact chapter coordinators Shari Campbell and Roger Joly at NorthernNewEngland@americanpilgrims.org for more information.
- You’ve arrived! You have your compostela, you’ve attended the Pilgrims’ Mass and you’ve hugged the Saint. Now what? You need to read this blog entry by the venerable Johnnie Walker 20 Things to See and Do in Santiago de Compostela to know what to do next!
- There are a thousand and one packing lists out there but this packing list is our take on the topic.
Chapter Coordinator Needed
We are looking for a new chapter coordinator. We are especially looking for someone in southern Maine or New Hampshire.
If you are interested or would like to simply chat about the position, contact Shari and JoAnn through NorthernNewEngland@americanpilgrims.org.
Email us to see what we’re up to!o
Are you interested in learning more about the Camino?
Consider joining the American Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook group for great dialogue, photos and a running commentary about the Camino from like-minded pilgrims.
The Northern New England Chapter Camino Mentor Program can pair individuals who have questions about their upcoming Camino with a nearby veteran who can answer questions. Contact NorthernNewEngland@americanpilgrims.org for details.
Experienced Camino walkers and cyclists who would like to serve as mentors should contact us so that you can be added to our resource list. Potential mentors should provide us with your name, zip code and a brief rundown of your experience including walking or cycling, which route and when.
For information about the chapter and its activities or about membership in American Pilgrims, contact us at NorthernNewEngland@americanpilgrims.org.